One of my failings as a vegetarian is that I don't usually like carrots unless they're hidden by another flavor. Sugar, salt, and fat are three great candidates for those flavors!
You will need:
- 1 lb baby carrots, or 1 lb carrots sliced into coins
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the wine. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, or until the carrots are fork-tender.
- Add the sugar and herbs, cover, and cook 2-3 minutes more.
The carrots are flavorful but not overly sweet, as glazed carrots tend to be!